ju asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Legal help?

Im currently in the process of changing my name and i just want to know if this will affect my dad who is applying for citizenship? He said he needs it for something but idk

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

    Yes, but the FACT that you are changing genders will be more of an issue (quoting you).

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    If the name change is legally and correctly  done then you have all the legal paperwork to prove your old name and new name it chnanged to so it makes no difference to someone elses citizenship application process

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Even if you're your father's sponsor your part in the process was already completed once he got his green card. He wouldn't be eligible to apply for citizenship unless he'd held that green card for a number of years. So I don't see how you changing your name could possibly have any effect on his naturalization application. Perhaps he's just fond of the name he and your mother gave you and don't want you to change it. 

  • 1 month ago

    Your legal change of name should not affect your father. You'll need the court order if there are any questions, of course.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.