How likely would you run out of battery driving a TESLA?

I'm thinking about buying a tesla. But worried that I might reach places where I can't charge and run out of battery, then what?

Just as much likely as you starving to death.

• Carry a small HONDA Generator in the trunk.

• ?

Unlikely but if you plan on a long drive (300+miles) you would need to plan ahead and look up  charging stations in route near the end of a charge and plan on a 45-60 minute charge time before getting back on the road. The teslas tell you how many miles it can go and will map you to relevant charging stations in route. 

To answer your question you DON'T just go out and take a multi charge trip without knowing there are charging stations or some place you can plug in to re-charge. 

It takes more planning to drive a 100% EV.

The display on the dash tells you exactly how far you have left to drive before the battery runs out, only an idiot would let that happen. If you know how to use a fuel gauge its the same principle. The satnav will show you exactly how far to the next charge station.