Mier
Mier asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

What year did you guys first start watching the NFL?

Favorite Answer

1969 consistently. Occasionally a few years prior

recently only i used to watch it

1968 or around there.

1970ish.  I cut way back in the late '80s when they started changing the rules to cause long games of toss-and-catch.  It almost totally lost me a few years ago when they got preachy. 

I still watch college every Saturday.

• RICK

About 1959 at 8 years of age

Pre-Reagan.         .

• Kathy

I grew up watching it, because my dad watched football every Sunday.

ive never seen it, i havent been much into sports

2004 after i went out on a night out with my University American football club and cant remember how i got home. Those guys were impressive drinkers. I then went into a training session with the typical british attitude "It can't hurt with all the padding, its for wimps who are not tough enough to play rugby"... The difference with Rugby is you know its bone and muscle against bone and muscle. Much like a boxing glove is not designed to protect the guy being hit, but more to protect the fist the guy hitting, the padding in gridiron helps the guy hitting you. A 280 pound guy taking a run and jump into my then 182 pound body hurt like crap. With Rugby you hold a bit back because you know it's an 80 minute game and it can be 40 minutes before you get a break. Gridiron, the short plays mean you can throw everything into it knowing you will get time to recover. I've played a lot of sports. I've never felt as achy and painful as I did sitting in the pub after drinking a few beers. That hurt for days after. I gained so much respect for the sport (as you can probably tell) from one training session. Been watching casually ever since. Don't really have a team, just watch the sport.