Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

If I am in Congress and do anything illegal and  I cannot be impeached for it correct? Especially since I resign and no longer in office.?

Incorrect. ANY government official can be impeached. Once they are removed from office, they can face criminal charges for the illegal acts. That said, once they leave office, the impeachment is legally moot, and the Senate has no authority to try the case.

Yeah, sure thing. You can go shoot somebody in Times square. /s

>> Trump's 2nd impeachment was killed.  Senate voted 55-45 to drop it.

Wow, do you think maybe this would be major headlines everywhere?

Trump's 2nd impeachment was killed.  Senate voted 55-45 to drop it.  Nothing to worry about now.  Also, the "kill the filibuster" was also dropped.

Just remember these Reps that voted with the Democrats:

Mitt Romney, Ben Sasse, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Pat Toomey.

Collins is up for re-election in 2022 and Romney in 2025.  I doubt we'll see any of these Reps re-elected.

"It's like the Democrats have no ability to exist except to oppose Donald Trump." --Paul Rand.

Paul Rand, great guy.

Nobody blamed Bernie for the shooting at Scalise or Maxine Waters for inciting violence towards Trump supporters.  Hypocrisy at large.

You are incorrect.

Depends on if you are a democrat or republican. Republicans think the law doesn't apply to them.