Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Why do women who work minimum wage jobs but want to own a home and get married and start a family refuse to accept financial help from men?

They are living a pipe dream if they work at Taco Bell and proclaim themselves as “independent” and “don’t need no man” yet want to buy a house and get married and have kids. Their ego is so large that they can’t accept that they won’t be able to support themselves financially or raise a child without support from a man who has a decent job. It’s like trying to go to the moon with a boat. It’s just not going to happen. You can’t have kids without being with a man, sorry ladies. And you can’t raise a family and pay a mortgage without having money, and you don’t make money working at Taco Bell 

• Foofa

One supposes the handful you're talking about are just too young to really understand the cold, cruel world just yet. Most minimum wage workers know full well they'll never own a home unless they improve their occupational situation. Hence all the hew and cry for a $15 an hour federal minimum wage. 

Curious to hear how old these "women" are who earn minimum wage and think that they can afford to purchase a home and raise a family on that income alone. Not very many grown up women! I've never met an adult woman who thought she could buy a home, work a low income job, and raise children on her own, alone while doing so. That smacks of a person who has had very little life experience. What adult men are poaching these young girls and demeaning them for their youthful dreams? Shame on those guys. 

Plenty of low-income women raise children without a man, not least because the men often headed for the hills when children came along.

And I don't know of any women who work at Taco Bell but think they'll be able to buy a house on the sort of wages they earn.  They don't have large egos telling them otherwise. They know the score.  I doubt you've even talked to such women at length. You don't know what they think.

Don't make assumptions. They make you look quite unintelligent.

There is a line in "My fair lady".  "At Covent Garden I sold flowers.  I didn't have to sell myself." That should give you the answer.  Being owned and paid for by a male simply makes a girl into a prostitute.  And who wants to be reduced to that.

Interesting that you believe this situation applies only to women.  The "want to get married and have kids" BUT they "don't need no man."  Those statements are direct opposites.

• lala

Those girls are young and independant and its OK 

when they get in their late 20 ties they will change their mind 

and for your parts you have lots of work to do on yourself  

and  2021 we do not need a man to have babies 

Just go in a sperm bank and you will have as many babies as much as you want 

or you just pick a nice guy and have sex with him and bingo you are pregnant 

so you still free of a man 

• Kelly

Yes, you can have kids without being with a man.  You can have IVF/IUI and and you can adopt.  You can also be financially independent & buy a house without one.

Depending on the cost of living, yes you can support yourself working minimum wage as long as you live within your means.

I was a single parent by choice.  I adopted.  I owned my own home, I had good credit, I was good with my money and I could fix/build what I needed to myself.  If I didn't, it was because I didn't want to so in that case I paid someone to.  Most men I dated, I made more than they did.  Then, the right guy came along.  He didn't care I had kids, he took them on too.  He made well above what I did and he had his **** together too.  I didn't then and still don't need his money.  One of my favorite things about him is he didn't attend any type of misogyny because he had a dad who treated women as equals too.   He's a believer that his girls can do anything his boys can do.Some people who work fast food jobs if they are there long term can actually make decent money.  Management & team leader positions tend to pay well.  A lot of single people who work these jobs buy homes.

WHY do YOU have such a misogynistic attitude towards women who work in the fast food industry, I'd like to KNOW?? Women CAN support themselves financially, without help from a man, if they really WANT TO and are willing to make the effort to do this. And while there are women around with overblown egos, most of the ones I know aren't in that category. Nobody I've ever heard of ever makes a permanent career out of working at Taco Bell, Mickey D's, or any other fast food joint. That's like making a permanent career out of being a greeter at Wal-Mart. People don't do that, either- unless they are totally ignorant and desperate.

Oh, and BTW- Women CAN have and raise kids without a man, thanks to the reality of donated sperm, IVF, and other forms of assisted conception. Plenty of women have done this.

• Sandy

well if there were more decent men out there who didn't act like jerks and treat women like property or a piggy bank, more ladies would be willing to get married, make a home and family. 

Maybe she’s worried if she remarries he’ll molest her kids. 1/6 stepdads molest their stepchildren. 

Don't know why this is being disliked. Here is a source if you don't believe me 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6609753/