Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

What are your thoughts on McDonald's and Walmart loser employees making $15 an hour?

Do they realize that if their position starts paying $15 overnight that the competition to get and keep those jobs is going to be intense?

The days of screwing up an order will be OVER because there will be 500 people waiting to step up and take that job.

You're right on the days of screwing up an order being over, although this will be because they will use automation to replace humans rather than pay their employees higher wages which will result in higher unemployment.

• Audrey

I'm seriously happy for those that will be making that $15 an hour. But when the rest of us have to pay $7.50 for a loaf of bread and $10 for a gallon of milk, that's gonna suck.

Some time back I heard that line about workers and I asked the person who was complaining if they would do the job for what the workers were being paid. To which he replied "There is not enough money to get me to do that job!".

So unless you are willing to go to work for minimum wage (15 dollars or less), just sit down and leave your key board alone.

There are those out there that can not even use a dictionary and believe me you don't want them stocking the shelves or pulling orders. That is what you would find working there.

• Kathy

Their employees are not losers. They should be able to make more money.

I think that prices on many goods and services will go up, and the people who make minimum wage will continue to struggle because they still won't have enough money to pay for all of their basic needs, and they'll have to make tough choices.

The number of dollars flowing through the economy will go up but the actual amount of goods and services being produced won't change, so it will take more dollars to buy the same amount of goods & services, and people who earn the minimum amount of dollars will still have the smallest share of the pie. 

thats not much at all. cost 15 bucks for a salad

Walmart employees already start at $13 an hour and Micky D starts at $12.50. I don't think it would be that big of a problem to go to $15.

• Leo

I'd say that you are very politically naive.

Sounds like you got fired from McDonalds and/or Walmart...

Amazon pays $15 an hour now.