m88m asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

How to tell when cooked spaghetti is spoiled?

I have spaghetti squash that I cooked and refrigerated now on the 3rd day it smells like vinegar does that mean it is spoiled or is it still safe to eat?

• ALBERT

You can test by smelling it , looking at it or tasting it. Do all 3 tests. It case it looks fine , smells reasonably fine and taste reasonably good. It should be fine. A spaghetti that smells like vinegar is suspicious unless it is some kind of pasta salad.

• denise

If its 'cooked' spaghetti squash,  Its probably past its best by now.

If it does not smell like it did when you put it in the refrigerator then toss it. 

If it smelled like vinegar when you put it in then it is probably fine. 

If you have any doubts about it just toss it out it is not worth getting sick over. 

• kswck2

Spaghetti and spaghetti squash are two different things. And for spaghetti squash, if it smell 'off' toss it out. 

• IvaB

Unless you added vinegar to the squash (doubtful),then it shouldn't smell like vinegar. I'd toss it.

Basically if it still smells like it did when first cooked, it's still good. But that's just a guess. I have eaten 3 day old food.

But you said it's smells off, so through it away.

When in doubt 

Through it out!!

Source(s): I understand your possition. I can't waste food either
  • ?

3 days should be fine - but there are other factors that could be involved. 

• D50

I doubt it would make you sick, but if it no longer appeals to you it is spoiled.

• geezer

If it ''smells like vinegar'' then it's spoiled .. chuck it out.

I wouldn't risk it.