JA asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 weeks ago

Can you help me with English please?

Although the person at whose house I was staying was very devout, she did not understand the bliss of consecrated life and in the goodness of of her heart to make other plans for me, nevertheless I felt that my heart was so great that nothing else would content it. So I turned with all the longing in my soul to God.

I can't understand this expression exactly, so please explain this to me clearly and simply if you can understand this.

Thank you!

Are you sure you've copied it accurately? There is a verb missing and some of the punctuation is very dodgy.

Please check against the original.

I suspect it should read more like this:

Although the person at whose house I was staying was very devout, she did not understand the bliss of consecrated life and TRIED in the goodness of [of] her heart to make other plans for me.

N[n]evertheless I felt that THE DESIRE IN my heart was so great that nothing else would content it. So I turned with all the longing in my soul to God.

It is meaningless drivel. No wonder you do not understand it. 

I doubt even the writer does. It reads like a bad translation.