Do I need to do anything before installing new RAM to my laptop?

I know the safety precautions in opening my laptop and how to install the RAM. I also know that the new RAM I got is compatible and is the correct amount of memory (32GB altogether which is my Laptop's max amount). The memory in question is 3200MHz (PC4-25600) DDR4 CL22 SODIM. Now the most important part of this post is do I need to do anything on my Laptop before changing my current memory with the new one? I'm upgrading from 2x 8GB to 2x 16GB if it matters. Is there something in the settings I need to change for example or perhaps it's easy as just changing?

Nope, its like rotating tires on a car.  If it fits, it will work.  But yes you do have to be mindful of the max RAM the MOBO will support.  Shove the RAM into the slots and see what happens, after all, your hard drive(s) store all your important stuff, so no harm no foul.  If everything boots up, make sure windows or whatever OS your using recognizes it.  By that i mean 32g and not 16g for example, make sure u get what u paid for!

• Lv 7

as long as the computer is off and unplugged, replace it, and if it turns on an POSTs okay, go on with your life :)

As Anon has stated, your MB should detect it right away. When you boot, depending on your BIOS type, you may see a message stating Memory size has changed, and asking you to accept the change.  Once accepted, you will not see the message again.  

It'll be detected automatically as long as your motherboard supports it.