laula asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Should I lose weight ?

I’m 14. 5’3. 126lbs

How much should I lose?

What workout should I do.

5 stars for best 

First thing first, you weighing a 126 pounds means you have a body mass index of approximately 21.6 which is classified as a normal, healthy body weight according to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. I don't see any reason why you would want to lose weight as you are nothing close to being overweight. 

Girllll/ boyyyy  you’re still growing! 

But I understand if you’re unhappy with you’re weight! I’d say loose about 10 lbs:) with working out be careful not to use it as a punishment for eating something, focus on finding a form of exercise you enjoy because then you’ll more likely stick to it! For me I loveee running and I don’t use it as a form of punishment I use it as a stress relief or when I’m bored:) to lose weight it’s all about being in a calorie deficit ( eating fewer calories than you burn) 

You'd need the conscious of your current eating habits if you've been steadily gaining if you're a female. Research and eating plan like DASH or Mediterranean diet for good information. Also, discuss healthy food options with your parents. 

• kelvin

no you shouldn't and you need to finish growing first before you start worrying about your weight

No, not necessarily.  Don't fixate on your weight.  Weight is not the best measure of metabolic health, fitness, clothing size, body composition, intelligence, or popularity.

Instead, start educating yourself on healthy eating and exercise., and start making small changes to your lifestyle.  Work with your parents to make healthy food choices. Cut back on junk food, fast food, snack food, soft drinks, etc.  Drink more water and get more sleep.  Don't snack after dinner.  Small changes will help you develop habits that will make it easy to maintain a healthy weight.

As for exercise -- do anything you want -- mix it up.  At your age, being in sports with friends is a great idea (once those programs start up again).  In the mean time you can start following home workouts on Youtube, go for a walk, a hike, a bike ride, or a run. Your goal at this point is to get a hour of physical activity in every day.  This is a way to help ensure you are working toward good cardiovascular fitness, healthy body composition, muscle strength, and flexibility.  

• .

The recommended weight range for a 5'3" adult female is 113 - 131 lbs, depending on body frame size, per the source calculator. A minor could be slightly under the ideal range for her body frame size and still be fine. Also, the weight tables don't' take into account body composition, so if you are muscular you'll tend to weigh more but appear smaller (more slim). 

.

Whether overweight or not, people should exercise regularly for good general health/fitness. Whatever activity they enjoy is best, as it will reduce the chances of them quitting because they are bored with it or dislike it.

Hey whale the oceans that way ....