rhonda
rhonda asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 4 weeks ago

with hairdressers and barbers being shut during lockdown are you growing your hair out? or have you tried to cut your hair by yourself?

Favorite Answer

I think I will just keep on letting my hair grow as I would probably make a mess of cutting my hair

Hopefully it won't take too long until salons open

One thing I have been experimenting with different styles and instead of blow drying my hair I have started to curl with small rollers for curls or large rollers to create volume and body in my hair, 

I give my husband a short buzz cut or shave him bald about once a week. He gives me a longer buzz cut, about 1 inch all over, once a month. Now that I'm used to it, I like it a lot. 

My and my husband's hairdressers are not shut.  We've never had a real "lockdown" in the US.  Hair stylists were closed for a while, but they've open again for months, since last summer.

While they were closed, we let our hair grow out, but we've been getting it cut regularly since they re-opened. They are taking a lot of precautions, I notice, from temperature checks to insisting on mask wearing throughout the appointment, to not even letting customers talk while getting their hair shampooed.  Every hairdresser at my salon had to be instructed and certified in disinfecting procedures to be used between each customer.

I am growing my hair out until the end of February. Salons and barbershops are already operating here in Philippines. I'll go to a salon starting March for a haircut.

I cut my own and it is exceptionally ideal to see. I will proceed with it from now into the foreseeable future.....

Should you trim your own hair, conceal your underlying foundations or do without cleanser for ... Being jabbed in the eye by your own periphery is unpleasant. ... With stylists and hairdressers shut, a few people – Riz Ahmed and ... As opposed to shaving your head, Stevens recommends men take a stab at developing their hair long or developing a facial hair growth.

I’ve cut my own hair by myself since middle school

I cut my hair myself. It's not rocket science and there's a lot of information on line a d there are instructional videos on YouTube. I also cut my hubby's hair, my sons' hair, my grandson's hair and once the neighbors saw me cutting hair I did a couple of the neighbors. I guess I did okay because I'll be cutting the hair of  one guy outside in the cold winter air later today. He's apparently desperate.

I cut my own and it looks just as good.  I will simply continue that from now on.

• I've been growing my hair out long before covid started. I don't trust myself to cut my own hair. My hair is curly, it looks bad if it's not cut right. 

Depending on where you are, not every where is going through a lockdown. So not all salons may be closed.