Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I feel bad and guilty?

My dad is giving me allowance like monthly and I'm in college. I'm 21 and I feel like everyone at my age is already working or financially independent on their own while I'm still dependent on my dads. I failed my college like 3 times with 3 different courses and now he still supports me by giving me last chance to study and allowance monthly. Then he pays for my dorm rent. I feel really bad and guilty about this. I sometimes think I want to work and at least get to buy a meal for my dad or take care of him but it's the total opposite now. I'm kind of scared I'll be too late by then. I feel so bad and guilty that he still gives me allowance monthly.

Is your Dad ill? Something tragic happen in his life? 

Sure, lots of 21 year olds are self supporting. And lots are not. You probably have time to take your Dad out to lunch when you're out of school and have a job. 

i wouldnt feel guilty about it, if he didnt want to do it he wouldnt have done it