Lynn asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Can cats eat human leftovers?

• Rita
    1 week ago

Given that cats are carnivores, cooked scraps of meat are generally pretty safe for your cat to eat. ... Also ensure that the meat doesn't have any seasonings that are dangerous to cats, such as garlic, onion, or salt. Fish: As with meats, cats generally like fish, and an occasional small piece of tuna as a snack is fine.

what do u think people fed their cats for hundred of years before u could buy pet food from the supermarket.

They can but most will not unless that's all you feed them. I can give my cat raw hamburg, ham and fowl and he turns his nose up and walks away.

But he'll eat a live mouse or bird readily enough.

As I understand it, more than meat in a diet is important for cat heath, including grains. Further, a small taste of human foods with certain exceptions is not harmful. How it is shared is important to avoid begging behaviors, but cats are curious about food smells and often interested in what their human companions are eating.

As a sidebar, my rescue kitty often jumps up on the counter when I am running water and I read that is instinctual because a cat has learned that running water is usually the freshest and safest.

When my little buddy does that, I pause and give him a fresh drink of water. Interestingly enough, he prefers to drink from a container I use & likes a rinsed coffee cup filled to the brim that I hold while he drinks from it.

Do I spoil him? Yeah. Does he pay it back?

Yeah.

Only if it is meat, cats are carnivores and their bodies can not handle vegetables and fruits