Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why did Jesus say the submissive shall inherit the earth?

meek is another word for submissive

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

He didn't.  Meekness means self-control.

• 1 month ago

I didn't say "submissive", I said "MEEK"!

I get really pissed off when you goody goodies rewrite my words to suit your OWN meaning!

By "meek", I didn't mean all you psalm singing hypocrites, particularly the redneck, hillbilly, go to church on Sunday and "string up a blackman" the next whilst burning a fiery cross and dressed in a bedsheet with a pointy hat on.

I meant, those nations which once colonised by superior white, arrogant scum, downtrodden, enslaved and constantly denied their human rights, called second class, only fit to serve their white masters!

You are NOT meek just because you have your nose stuck in a book that is so old and full of errors and because you can recite passage after passage like a parrot or a "good little robot"!

And, look around you now.

Who is it today who stride like a Collosssus across the globe?

CHINA AND INDIA, SINGAPORE and KOREA!

Nations that not so long ago were only fit to be ruled by their "betters", the white trash of this earth!

THEY are the MEEK and THEY are inheriting the earth!

And their former owners and slave masters?

Standing in the rain with their begging bowls!

What you sow, you reap!

And the white braggart, greedy and avaricious hordes that so recently shouted their superiority, are destined for the garbage bin of history!

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, those who are submissive to the will of God.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To submit to authority simply means to let a leader lead.

True meekness comes from being humble. 

The Life Force that created the galaxies got off his throne, entered his own creation, becoming a human sacrifice... allowing himself to be tortured for YOU.... (it waaaaaas PERSONAL!)

He did it to take on all your grime and clean you up... to give you a way to Himself.

When you realize The King of the Universe loves you THAT much.... you should fall at his feet and worship in humble adoration. If He chooses to make you wise about this, you can't help but be humbled and desire with all that you are to please him.... and let Him lead.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The Bible equates the word 'meek' with having a humble attitude, not thinking more highly of ones-self than is warranted. People who throw their weight around and say "Don't you know who I am?" are proud - the opposite of being meek. Jesus humbled himself as far as death on a cross, allowing sinners to mock, torture and kill Him - in order to save the meek ones of the Earth. He could have struck wicked people down in an instant but never did. But when He appears in glory, it will be to strike the proud down, and to uplift the meek who trust in Him, for He is the King of Glory.

• Ko
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Therefore there will be peace on earth, and we will enjoy true prosperity.

Original Bible verse:

Psalm 37:11

But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy peace and prosperity.

• 1 month ago

Meek is not another word for submissive, nothing like.

Meek refers to an absence of self.

• Clyde
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

A health relationship between a man and a woman, the meek hold their faces away from woman 

• BJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

More than likely because it is quoted in the book of Psalms 37th chapter.

11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Who are these “meek ones”? “the meek ones” are those who humbly wait on God to right all the injustices inflicted upon them. 

The Bible says: Just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; and you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth. 

Those who stubbornly refuse to obey God’s  laws will lose their lives forever.  They will be no more.

They will join Satan and his demons in everlasting death.  But those who learn about Jehovah and serve him will find exquisite delight in Paradise on earth.

Jesus had said: “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.” 

Matt 5:5 Here, Jesus likely referred to the thought in Psalm 37:11, which says: “The meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.”

• Biblically the word means Teachable...Humble. not submissive

And if Jesus DID say be submissive do you have a problem with that?

That would portend that prideful, and thus, not meek

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.