Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

how do you unfreeze Frozen windshield wiper fluid and how do you get it out of your car if you can't use a hairdryer something to melt it?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It's going to be a slow process if it's frozen solid. Use hot water to melt the top layer of the ice, and suck it out with a turkey baster. Repeat. Then refill the reservoir with cold weather wiper fluid. For the hoses feeding the squirters you'll need to blow warm air on them. Ideally the hair dryer you can't use, maybe a torch if you're careful, or leverage the heat of the engine while you drive in sunny weather.

(Don't use hot water on glass by the way, it'll crack.)

• 4 weeks ago

Windshield wiper fluid doesn't typically freeze, but if I ran into that problem I would probably ask around friends/family if I could leave my car in a heated garage (or put a heater in the garage).

• David
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Wait for it to warm up or park it in a warm garage.

• hart
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

salt ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You do without.  It really is no different than having NO WW FLUID.   Wipe window with a clean cloth out of where you have to see.  It will defrost as the day warms.  Obviously you have the WRONG WW FLUID. The summer fluid instead of the winter fluid.  It stays until a warmer day.

Not rocket science.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Wait until Sunmmer

• 1 month ago

Obviously you need to park the vehicle in a warm garage with the hood open to allow the warm air to circulate through the engine compartment and slowly thaw the water in the washer tank. probably take a coupe of days. Do a search on youtube for replacing the washer tank to find out how to take your washer tank out so you can put it in a sink of hot water to thaw it faster. Use the orange RainX washer fluid. I've never had it freeze up.

• 1 month ago

Solar energy does it every time

• 1 month ago

Had that happen last week.... just let the engine run warm-up for 10minutes with the heat whacked-up to full on de-mist while going over the windows with an ice scraper, and by time your're done the wiper fluid starts showing signs of life again.

When things get that bad it's generally a good idea to have a de-icer spray handy to help things along (as long as you remember to check which way the wind is blowing so you don't get a face full).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Put the car in a heated garage and wait.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.