Why are people afraid of being killed?

I think those adrenaline pumping situations in life are the best. I would never conform to social constructs just live life how you want to without feeling pressure or anxiety

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

since the torment it could cause. besides the Fear of the obscure and no control of what occurs in the afterlife. In the event that we knew, at that point we could be eager to kick the bucket all things being equal

• 1 month ago

Because the pain it could inflict. plus the Fear of the unknown and no control of what happens after death. If we knew then we could be in a rush to die instead.

• 1 month ago

It is the only life you have.

• 1 month ago

Most of us can understand that being in a dangerous situation can bring on a kind of "high", but you're forgetting that if you do get killed, that will be the END of any further excitement.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because they don't want to die, of course.  When you're dead, you're just dead.  No more possibilities, no future, nothing.  

And even stronger than that, is the fear of HOW you're going to die.  How badly it's going to hurt and for how long? No-one wants pain, especially prolonged pain, possibly resulting in permanent disability.

• 1 month ago

I have had many disasters and calamity in my life, and trust me, it is not nice having all of them adrenaline pumping situations.  It is like being tortured!

• 1 month ago

I suspect because many people have a natural fear of death

• 1 month ago

Power dynamic, fear of the unknown, etc. Not nearly as fun to talk shop about as it may seem. If you've been around it, death isn't so crazy. But if it's a completely alien concept, the idea of being 100% out of control of your "self" is the fundamental definition of fear. 

• 1 month ago

odd flex but ok 

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It's a natural instinct to avoid death. Those who are addicted to life threatening situations are addicted to the feeling of adrenaline like a drug addict is addicted to their preferred high.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.