Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How To Save My Friendship?

So I’ve been struggling with relationship problems. And my best friend is always here for me & I’m here for her. But I struggle with mental health issues and we were going on a day trip today & i kept talking about my problems & saying how much I hate myself and she wasn’t saying anything but I wanted her to be there for me but at the same time I know it’s too much pressure to put on people at times. Anyways, she wanted to turn around and go home & so we did and I was pissed, but I tried to be understanding although I wish she could’ve been there for me. We are cool apparently but I’m afraid things are gonna be different now because she’s like my best friend. And I don’t want to lose her but she needs space now probably. I know I need to get healthier mentally but I don’t want to lose my friend & I told her I’m sorry and I understand her :( what should I do? Do you think I lost her?

Do you often complain or tell her about your struggles? If you do I think she just needs a little space right now. It's okay to talk about your struggles when you really need to, but doing it often can get tiring for the other person because they just want to enjoy your company sometimes and have fun. If you don't often do that, maybe she just felt overwhelmed because she didn't know what to say. I don't think you lost her but give her a few days and ask to do something you both enjoy and instead of focusing on negative stuff realize she's your best friend and she wants to enjoy the day and your company and make new memories not sad ones. Try to focus on yourself more and treat yourself better.

You didnt lose her.  Why are you depressed?

No you did not lose her. What you should do is give her some space and next time when you hang out with her try to have fun