Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Writing college supplemental essay?

For one of my colleges, I have to write a short essay based off the question “Which fictional character do you most relate to and why?”. I have a few ideas as to what character I want to write about but I’m struggling to come up with a good topic sentence that will grab their attention. Any tips or ideas? Thanks :)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You really have to do more thinking and work to get an answer here.  We don't know you.  We have no idea what you've read.  Pick the answer first and flesh out why this character is relevant to you.  When you've done most of the work, then worry about an intro sentence.  Often you write the beginning last - when you know what is compelling about what's to follow. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The world is full of great literature, wonderful stories in which we meet compelling characters.  If I had to chose one fictional character and say "s/he is part of me it's...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.