2020 was it that bad?

Was 2020 really that bad? Working from home was convenient. I didn’t mind the lock down,  but then again I don’t watch sports or drink so I don’t go out much. I enjoy watching tv, working from home and playing video games. Think back for you guys, was it really that bad?

3 family members died, unrelated to covid. I got covid but I have asthma machine home so I didn’t have to go to the hospital.

I know that it was rough for the economy and for many people, but as for me, I actually liked it. 

I was fortunate that I started investing early in my life, so I was able to retire when I was 40; therefore, I was not struggling to pay my monthly bills (lockdown or not). 

It was a lot quieter around where I live (I live in a city). 

There were a lot less people & traffic when I go on my run/walk. I do not like too many people around anyway.

In 2020, my total expense decreased by about $25,000 (comparing to 2019), because I did not go out as much (so I have extra money to invest). 

Besides March - April when the stock market crashed, I actually ended up making about 17% ROI on all of my investments in 2020, so it was not too bad.   

• Mike W

Yes it was that bad.  Was hit hard by the lockdowns.  My profession requires constant travel.  It gets boring staying at home.  

• david

CV-19 killed my aunt and I work in a hospital. 2020 sucked the big one. 

I don’t mind working from home either.  I drink very little, and don’t go out much.  I enjoy watching old movies, and binge-watch my favorite tv shows.  I Email a lot.   So, that part wasn’t a problem.  I can isolate easily.    

However, two distant family members died, due to COVID - no funerals; they were just buried.   I personally caught COVID twice, because of my job.   The first time, I refused to go to the hospital;  I told my spouse I would rather die at home.  I just took cold medications, and sucked on a lot of Halls.  I also took Acetaminophen to keep my fever down.  The second time, it was a mild case.   

The bad part of 2020 was traitor trump encouraging The USA to tear itself apart.