Anonymous

University help?

I am a second year physio student and I don't know what to do. I mean I literally don't know what I am doing, although I love anatomy and learning, due to my amazing ability of procrastinating, I managed to get through first without learning anything, partly my fault, partly my university, they never really taught us the most important part of - anatomy, it was mostly self study. But I know too I could have studied, and after all that I still managed to pass first year. Now the problem is that I'm in my second year about to start my very first placement soon and I still do not remember anything from first year. on top of that I caught covid (but recovering), so even trying to learn just for this placement was not possible cause I am starting next week. would it be worth it to try relearn all of last year's work while simultaneously trying to learn this years one? 

• John

I'm not sure you should continue with this course of study.  That doesn't mean you should definitely withdraw, but I recommend you give thought to your future plans.  

In my experience, those who pass but simply don't learn much in their courses don't really have enthusiasm for their subject.  They learn enough to pass the tests, then soon forget what they have learned.  I just suspect you don't really enjoy the subject as much as you think you do.  That would be unfair, and possibly even dangerous, to those you treat.  

• Tavy

You have posted this, so get studying instead of being on the internet.