Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

My hair still gets split ends regardless of how little I do to it?

This bugs the crap out of me!

I have long, thick, somewhat curly hair that I rarely ever use heat on (I actually can't remember the last time I used heat on it, but it's been at least a few months, and I've always used heat protectant when I have used heat), haven't dyed in several years, and don't really do much to other than washing it (and I try to condition it pretty well), combing it, and tying it back for work (in a soft scrunchie that I don't wrap very tightly). I also cut the ends every couple of months or so, using sharp scissors meant for hair. 

I actually think my hair was healthier when I dyed it with box dye and used heat on it daily, but it was also a good six to eight inches shorter (about shoulder length).

I do wash it daily with a shampoo and conditioner that is supposed to be gentle enough for that, because I work a physical labor job and usually sweat, and I can't stand the feeling of dirty hair. I've been able to get away with washing it every other day, but hate the "dirty" feeling, and also hate the feeling of dry shampoo. I have always washed it daily, for what it is worth.

I have tried biotin, hair skin & nails vitamins, etc. to no avail. Also used deep conditioner, deep conditioning masks, etc. 

Is there anything I can do, or anything I am doing wrong? Is there a way to keep my hair clean while not washing daily, or a dry shampoo that doesn't have a weird feeling?

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.