Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Superstious parents give me sunset curfew ?

I'm 22 years old and since September, my parents have been giving me a curfew of sunset as they believe that devil's are roaming etc. I do not believe this nonesnse at all

It's got to the stage everyday when its sunset they keep bombarding me withh texts telling me to get home for sunset as I supposedly agreed to that. It's pathetic honestly. I wish I could get away from them but i have the misfortune of living with them 

maybe you should move out

You have 4 options:

1. You're an adult, move out, and live your life how you want to live, but that means paying your own bills.

2. Continue to live with them, and comply with their unreasonable rules because its their house.

3. Sit down and talk to them. Explain why you believe their curfew is unreasonable and propose an alternative. For example what if you promise to only stay out past sunset 2x per week, and you send them text messages letting them know where you are, where you're going, who you're with etc. That's probably a little childish for a 22 year old but certainly an improvement over a sunset curfew. Perhaps through conversation you can agree on a more reasonable standard. Then again, maybe not.

4. Just ignore their rule and see what the consequences are. Just tell them you're 22 and you're going to stay out late whether they approve or not. You might come home one day to find the locks changed, or maybe they will put up with it.

Your choice, each with consequences.

• Ivan

You have the "misfortune of living with them" eh. So move out and obtain a degree of independence. Start supporting yourself and keeping your own house, cooking your own meals and paying your own bills. Stop complaining about your folks and their "house rules". It's called their house for a reason you know.