Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Bad audio quality on my Windows 10 laptop?

I recently had my computer wiped and Windows 10 reinstalled onto my laptop but when I heard the audio it was poor. I suspect that this may because the drivers are bad because my headphones are fine and I used to be able to enable 7.1 surround sound but I'm not able to anymore.

• Lv 7

did you download and install drivers? default Windows drivers are generic. you need to go to your PC model's drivers page on the manufacturer's website. it's free.

you should probably at least download the Chipset and video drivers, too, for best results.

each motherboard includes drivers for the installed components, those include the audio drivers.  when the hard drive is wiped [instead of running windows repair], these drivers are lost.  you get the drivers from either the laptop maker's website [under model number and support, or from their support help page] or from the motherboard [mobo] maker's website.  -- sadly, a competent technician knows this and takes care of it without being told ... i suggest that you have future work done by someone else.  -- grampa