Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

If my ex sees and screenshots this tweet, can he hold it against me if I sue for $400 he owes me?

Update:

Also I put in the header of my account that its satire and artistic expression and I will leave individuals from my past unnamed.

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

To go after a man after the fact for money you presume he owes you after your relationship is over is wrong, the time to address the matter was while you were with him.  Now you are just seen as vindictive because he probably dumped you.  You know "hell has no fury...."  If you have a receipt that he it was a loan and he would repay you then you may have a chance otherwise, learn your lesson and be wiser next time.  

• 4 weeks ago

I don't see why not. If you sue for the money, he will simply countersue for defamation, thus offsetting the $400 you claim he owed.  His only problem is to show that anyone else knows he was referring to you, and that it wasn't true, and that you KNEW it wasn't true.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

We don't yet have thought police who can arrest people for thinking bad things about others. 

• 1 month ago

That is irrelevant to whether or not he owes you money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Anyone can hold anything against you. That rant, which is too long for twitter, would be legally irrelevant to being sued over owing $400.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, he CAN "hold it against you," whatever that means wherever you live.  In MY part of the Country it's called "evidence against you."

• 1 month ago

He can't hold it against you unless you mention his name

• 1 month ago

If it is really you that said it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.