Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Is Tyrant Trump the closest thing the US has had to a dictator?
Let’s take a look at dictator-lite things Trump has done:
- wanted to send the US military into cities to squash protests (usually done in third world dictatorships)
- tried to invalidate and overturn an election, culminating in a violent insurrection against his political opponents
- wanted Biden arrested in the middle of the campaign (dictators often arrest political opponents)
- at the advice of Michael Flynn, Trump considered using the military to declare martial law and cancelling the election to retain power
- wanted ostentatious military parades in his owner complete with tanks, jets, missiles, and full troop battalions which we normally see in North Korea and the former Soviet Union
- multiple top psychologists have said Trump fits the profile of a malignant narcissist; a common denominator of the psychological profile of despots throughout history (Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, etc)
- attacked and vilified journalists non-stop, calling them the “enemy of the people”
- called for a state media run by government, as opposed to the free press. State media is common in autocratic regimes like North Korea
- embraced, praised, and coddled Kim Jong-un to a bizarre degree
Anonymous: You’re wrong on all points and you failed to refute anything. That’s why you went anonymous, because even you realize you don’t stand behind your own trolling.
- Weasel McWeaselLv 73 months agoFavorite Answer
He was trying to be Putin-Lite.
He failed, miserably.
- Anonymous3 months ago
Lol the spin is strong with this one.
1) wanted to quell riots dems were instigating.
2) had a right to contest the election.
3) wanted biden investigated.
4) lol citation needed that he even though about it.
5) ok why not.
6) lol reputable doctors dont go diagnosing people they have even talked to.
7) shown the media to be biased and pointed it out.
8) called for a free press as opposed to the democrat run state media.Source(s): Fixed it for ya.
- The TruthseekerLv 73 months ago
He tried and failed. We have a Constitution that works. The Judiciary stopped him cold.