M asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 month ago

How long does it take the liver to recover?

I had a blood test a year ago that detected elevated liver enzymes (AST 67, ALT 81).  I've had 2 blood tests since then in which enzymes were elevated, but less than the first one.

Since the first blood test, I've cut way back on drinking.  I used to drink about a 12-pack per week (more between 2003-2010).  Over the past year, I've been averaging 2 drinks per week, if even that.

I had an ultrasound in September, and while my liver enzymes were elevated, the ultrasound came back normal.   I go for another blood test on Feb 8, and I'm nervous.  

I had a total of 6 drinks between Halloween and now (3 of which were during NYE weekend, and the other 3 were around Thanksgiving).  I don't take any supplements, but I was using a lot of Advil Nov-Dec.

So my main question is this:  Is 5 weeks of complete teetotaling and a year of minimal alcohol intake sufficient for the liver to recover?

For context:  I'm male, 39, healthy weight, regular exercise, healthy diet, and otherwise healthy.  No symptoms.  Tested negative for viral hep.  I had normal liver enzymes in 2009 and 2018, but those are the only 2 I've had prior to now.

Diane A - Thanks for your input, this is helpful information.  I've had blood tests in April and September of last year, and the September results were about 12 points higher than the April results.  And in the April result, AST was only 42 - barely elevated at all, and ALT was 64.  Does this change your answer any?

1 week ago

Orthodoxy is the only true faith. Rapture = heresy; Fireball should be beheaded for spreading this heresy on Yahoo Answers (deceiving Christians into false hope). Dreams/thoughts are from 1)angels who always do good; 2)demons who never do good; or 3)you making shyt up in your head while you sleep trying to solve your problems; or from 4) your gov't using this supertechnology. Usually, dreams/thoughts are from demons. So, that explains a lot of people being in the wrong all the time. Rapture thing is from demons but you can't rule out the gov't using some super technology like Project Blue Beam to kind of introduce people to the evil flying antichrist who will ride on a donkey into the Third Temple. So, churches who closed for COVID (or had COVID measures like dipping spoon into some liquid like alcohol) are no longer Christ's but now are working for Satan promoting the new COVID religion. Last Patriarch is Patriarch Irenaios 1st. He blessed Catacomb movement. For liturgy what you need is antiminis (towel with remains of saints sewn into it); wax candles; one cup/one spoon; non-Kosher non-yeast non-barcoded non-qrcoded wine/bread. Kosher = sprinkled with blood. Yeast is grown on pig bacteria. QRcode = barcode = mark of the beast. Roman Catholics tried one cup and one spoon and got sick with Bubonic plague (no laughing matter). You must hide (within a small group of 10-15 people according to saints Gabriel Urgebadze and Seraphim of Sarov) in order to escape the unforgivable mark of the beast. No documents once you hid because documents are from Satan; burn all the documents that you can find. No electronics once you hid because antichrist's minions will track you using electronics that you got. Even old broken unplugged 1970 TV set will show the antichrist using Tesla's ether. In case you're in 'Murica and want to hide, then consider inland Alaska. Arctic Circle = Security Circle for WW3. If you manage to escape the unforgivable mark of the beast, then your direct ancestors will go to heaven (according to saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov). Thanks for reading this spiel. Forgive me.

Source(s): Antichrist is gay flying wizard who was born from a prostitute and who will ride on a donkey into the 3rd Temple. Antichrist's mother is a 12th generation prostitute (according to saint Lavrentiy of Chernigov) According to researcher Grigoriy Klimov, prostitutes = lesbians = witches; so, antichrist's mother is a witch, a lesbian, and a prostitute; forgive me.

those elevations are really minor, and coming down, so I would spend no time worrying about them at all. The liver is not very damaged if at all based on those numbers. You may always be a bit "elevated" keeping  in mind, normals are not set in stone.