Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

How many people really want to join Trump's Paytriot Party?

5 or 10?

I would and I know at least  a hundred more people in my small circle.. got to be lots!

all 2500 idiots who stormed the capitol

• Tmess2

At this point, there is no Patriot Party yet.  Instead, it is merely a threat that Trump is making to scare Republican leaders.  (Clearly, he is scared of what might happen in his impeachment trial and is trying to coerce Republican Senators to vote not guilty.)  Anybody who knows Trump knows that he is mostly bark with very little follow through.

If Trump actually were to take real steps to forming a new party -- establishing a national committee; recruiting candidates to run for state-wide, legislative, and county positions beginning this year (in Virginia and New Jersey); organizing petition drives to get the new party on the ballot in all 50 states -- then my hunch is that the best estimate is by looking at Trump's support in the 2016 Republican primary.  He got around 14 million votes.  While some of those votes came after he wrapped up the nomination and others recognize the stupidity of having two "conservative" parties in a country in which the majority are left, center-left, center, center, or center-right, that is a good measurement of how many people would really leave the Republican Party for a Patriot Party.  In most states, that will be enough to get and stay on the ballot for a couple of years, it would probably not be enough to win many elections with the inevitable results that the majority of those folks will slink back to the Republican Party by the end of the decade.  

I hope enough so the right wing gets divided beyond being elected into much power. These rep senators are missing their chance to dislodge the trump threat to the GOP future as they put accountability on the back burner.

• Jeff D

There's no such thing--just more fake news.

• Gary

I would have to study what they're proposing to do with our country and government before I made ANY decision BUT I truly believe Trump was ONLY doing what HE felt was best for the entire country during his term as POTUS even though you diehard LIEberal left socialist demoCROOK supporters have been CONvinced by your party and they're publicity department the alphabet MSM that Trump was ONLY concerned with HIS personal enrichment while he was POTUS. I Truly hope you dem supporters are keeping your eyes and ears open and are watching your party's actions like a hawk and NOT simply swallowing EVERYTHING the party and alphabet MSM spoonfeeds you because YOUR creator given rights are also on the line too and if you don't protest your party will usurp TOTAL control of the federal government AND EVERYBODY'S creator given and constitutionally protected rights!!! 

Trump never wanted to start a "Paytriot Party." Learn how to spell.

• yay

I doubt many people who are serious about electing conservative candidates will. All that would do is splinter the Republican party and give the Democrats a better chance of winning. And some of his more extreme supporters seem to have become disenchanted since he failed to swoop down and rescue the Capitol building raiders from prosecution. I'm not sure what they thought he could do about it, but apparently they greatly overestimated his powers. 

• ?

Melania won't even join.

• About as many who have joined his Space Force.