Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 month ago

anyone know a good site a can buy a small desk to work from home but not too expensive ?

(in the UK)

Fold up would be idea

And yes I tried amazon, ebay, argos, google and there either school desks, all sold out or expensive 

Any help would be amazing 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • G
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

This should work.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Ikea. ....     .

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

try a second hand dealer , just a little idea .

• 1 month ago

Ikea is the place to go for small cheap furniture. If you can fasten it to a wall, a Bjurtsa table might work. Use words like 'folding' and 'drop leaf' and 'gate leg' while searching the site. I have a Norden kitchen table which has two folding leaves. If they are both folded down, the table is only about a foot wide. If one leaf is up, three people can sit at it. With both leaves up, you could seat six.

Maybe something meant for camping would work. Those kinds of tables are very light and might be wobbly or otherwise unsuitable because of it, but they could work, depending on exactly what you need to use one for. Don't look for 'desks', look for 'folding tables', or 'camping tables'. Argos has quite a few, some of them very cheap.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you need something quickly and don't mind second hand try your local facebook marketplace.  That's where most of the local buying and selling seems to happen now.  There's still gumtree, but it seems slower these days - and preloved.co.uk (quite slow, but you might strike lucky).  Also try asking for one on uk.freecycle.org.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

thanks....bloody working from home due to covid was meant to be a few weeks...not a few months!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ikea would be the first place I would look. You can't get much cheaper than their Linnmon desk with screw in legs. Maybe look at a camping site if foldaway is important for you. My own desk is a flush door hastily popped onto some trestles ten months ago ... and here we still are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.