Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 month ago

Dangerous to visit Japan for the Olympic game?

Do you know thousands of covid patients in Japan no longer have any available vacant hospital beds and increasing number of patients at home are waiting for death or spontaneous recovery? Some hundreds have died already, and the number of that kind of deaths are increasing day by day.

This means, if people around the world come to Japan for the Olympic game, then they cannot be treated at any hospital in Japan, because the hospitals are already full. 

Updated 1 month ago:

Japan keeps its death toll low, but it is due to Japanese custom of such as taking off the shoes inside their houses, and washing hands after coming home. I would like to strongly point out the low death rate is not being achieved by the rotten Japanese government composed of elderly politicians over 70.

Updated 1 month ago:

Thank you for your answer Quitt.

I wonder if you have read my question right.

I am pointing out that Japanese medical status has already reached 'collapse' status, so there is nothing Japanese can do to corona-infected foreigners coming to the Olympic game in Japan this summer.

Updated 1 month ago:

Hello Ryusei.

Do you actually live in Japan? Are you really a Japanese?

If so, why do you mention a wrong percentage?

According to Yahoo Japan inquiry as of today, only 5 percent of Japanese are pro for the Tokyo Olympic, FIVE.

80.9 percent are con (want to cancel it), and 13.6 are willing to re-postpone it. 

You should see 

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/polls/sports/42096/result

Updated 4 weeks ago:

miffy thank you for your comment.

I think you still do not understand the situation in Japan.

Though Japan enjoys low incidence of Covid and low fatalities, Japan has no more medical availability for the newly infected. 

This corona disaster revealed such a limited and fragile Japanese medical status for certain infectious diseases.

If you unluckily get infected in Japan, then you have no means to heal it. You have no choice but spontaneous recovery or death from acute aggravation.

Updated 4 weeks ago:

IOC head is having a meeting with JOC tomorrow. I hear IOC is the central organizer of Olympic whereas Japan is only a venue country. So, I hope IOC is going to cancel the games. This terrible unexpected world disaster had already happened, but IOC must avoid freshly creating an even stronger new mutant by mixing various kinds in Tokyo. It may be brought back to your country after the Olympic.

Updated 4 weeks ago:

Five people committed  train suicide last Sunday in Japan, mostly in Tokyo. There is at least one jumper each day. Alarmingly high suicide rate continues. In the middle of this corona economic crisis, who would hope for Olympic leisure? People are suffering. Politicians do not help. If IOC should put some kind of penalty on Japan for Olympic cancellation, then more Japanese would die from suicide. Olympic cancellation is due to worldwide crisis, not something Japan is to blame...

Updated 5 days ago:

Japan will consult with IOC regarding entry permit of no foreign audiences but only foreign players, but this does not solve the problem of creating new mutant COVID. They plan to distribute 160 thousands of rubbers to foreign players during Tokyo Olympic. They admit close contacts. Now I feel Olympic, a festival of peace, is actually a festival of lust of crazy IOC, JOC, politicians and players disregarding the sacrifice of Japanese citizens money, health and life.

• miffy

Japan has a very low incidence of Covid and low fatalities compared to USA or any  European  nation

If I was allowed to go I would.However as I live in the UK I can't travel. 

Maybe I am a cynic, but I don't think what public opinion is in Japan matters here. The powers that be will decide on the Olympics based on their own needs. 

Hi, I’m Japanese.

Actually it’s not decided whether Olympic game

is held or not. It will be disclose next month.

And 44.8% Japanese agree with holding the Olympic game, and 35.3% disagree with it.

But all I can say is that status in Japan is a little bit getting better than before. 

Nobody knows the truth but gov will do its best.

It’s first time in 57 years that the Tokyo Olympics will be held. So I hope it will come true.

If we will be able to hear the good news, I do want you guys to come here.

Don’t forget face mask!! Lol 🇯🇵

• Quinn

The stats for Japan are as follows:

January 30, 2021

1) 84 new deaths;

Compare that to the US with over 1821 new deaths, Mexico with over 1485, UK with over 587, Brazil with over 563.

2) 3567 new cases

Compare that to the US with over 144,398  new cases, Brazil with over 57,498, France with over 24,392, and UK with over 23,275 cases

3) 51945 active cases

Compare that to the US with over 9,879,340 active cases, France with over 2,877897, UK with over 2,016,581

4) 5,546 total number of deaths

Compare that to the US with over 450,393, Brazil with over 223,971, Mexico with 156,579, and India with over 154,312.

Which makes Japan ranked 21st in the world for cases of new deaths, 44th in the world for total number of deaths, 27th in the world for number of daily new cases, 30th in the world for active cases.

You are so full of it.

It's still unclear if there will be any Olympics in Japan this year.

It's not decided, yet whether Japan really has Olympics game in the upcoming July. Let's wait for announcement as to whether to have the game.

• T

It's a nightmare.  The best they can do is give up on holding the event altogether.

By the way, I've got to point something out to you. Scientists have been wondering why the death tolls from Covid-19 in East Asia are quite low compared to the US and Europe and since they haven't been able to figure out what's the biggest contributor, it's been referred to as an X-factor. Now they seem to have come to the conclusion that the X-factor is BCG vaccination, which is still common practice in some countries around the world including Japan and China where the death tolls are remarkably low, while it is no longer in Europe and the US. The Japanese habits like you mentioned have been written off as the X-factor. 

• Ben

You do know the majority of Covid patients don't need hospital admission, right? Hospital admission is for life-threatening cases only. All mild to moderate case can and should simply stay and home and quarantine themselves until they recover on their own. 

Get your facts right first.

COVID-19 accounted for only 0.3% of all deaths.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2021/01/10/co...