Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 2 months ago

Help me with my german classical music homework!!!!?

I need to guess when this song was released and need to explain why I think that way. But I don't have a clue... Sorry if my English is bad(>_<)

HELP PLEASE!!! I don't know how to put music so I uploaded it on dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/t/KTmQNpsDwvftBZIO

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Sounds to me like Konzertmusik for String Orchestra and Brass, Op. 50, by Paul Hindemith

The strings sounded like something Hindemith would do.  Lots of brass and strings can be heard, so when I looked at the list of Hindemith's compositions, opus 50 had a suggestive title.

Date of "release" is harder.  It sounds relatively post-Romanitic, so I would have guessed after about 1914.  (If it's really Hindemith's opus 50, that was composed in 1930, but it doesn't sound to me to be representative of German music at that time.)

• 2 months ago

I took a chance and downloaded it. I wish I hadn't, because I haven't the faintest idea who composed that piece of music.

I can only tell you that it's not a 'song'.

• 2 months ago

Yeah, I'm not downloading something from a random dropbox link.

Just do what the question is asking you to do - guess - and then explain why you think that. Surely you can at least make SOME sort of educated guess?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.