One speaker too loud?

So I have a pretty nice stereo system in my living room that is 700w. One speacker Right side is way louder than the left with throws off the vibe. What would be the cheapest way or options to fix that ex: resistor,  potentiometer, etc? 

• Let's just hope The Devil doesn't report or delete my answer.

Mr. Anonymous doesn't know what he's talking about. You should NEVER use a monoblock amplifier to power a speaker. Monoblocks are only reserved for a subwoofer. Unless the monoblock has a full range frequency switch from the LPF.

Now, I wouldn't recommend bumping a 700 watt system inside a house, apartment or a condo. Unless your neighbors doesn't have problems with it. Get a car, a driver's licenses and invest into the car audio community.

This isn't just about the tone and the balance control. There may be problems with the speakers, wiring, or the amplifier. They could be defective.

Make sure that your tone and balance control or properly set. If you don't have a balance control, then check the tone on the amplifier. If everything is properly set, then the amplifier or the left speaker is defective.

Switch the amp to mono. If all your speakers are the same, there's no reason for any to perform differently. Check that none or the wires to the speakers are loose or corroded.

Use matching speakers for right an left.

• Scott

Try setting the balance <r-l> more evenly.