Should I feel bad?

I told my mom today I’ll be moving in October. I’m not going very far. Just an hour away. Mind you, I’m 22. I just feel bad, because she’s putting me on a guilt trip. In my heart I feel bad, yet; I don’t think it’s wrong to want to venture on and rent my first house. I told her it wasn’t personal and I just wanted a place to call my own where I could essentially do whatever I wanted.

i dont think so

I appreciate the feedback! My reason for waiting until October is only because that’s when the lease with my mom is up. However; I did do a strict outline of a budget that included my car payment, insurance, food, utilities, etc. I found a suburb that I fell in love with.

First, keep reminding yourself that it's wrong for your mom to make you feel guilty.  In fact, it's VERY wrong and it's also manipulative.  It's the natural order of things for an adult to leave home and start down their own path.  When I was 22, I moved with a college roomie halfway across the country to go to grad school.  My parents were so proud because it proved they had raised me right.  

The mistake  you made was in telling her so soon.  Can I ask why you did that?  The other thing that struck me was you're renting  your first house.  This is unusual for someone leaving home for the 1st time.  Have you done up a budget to include all utilities (electric, water, wifi, etc)?  If this isn't a done deal already with someone you know, I suggest you start small and rent a room in a group home.  These are cheap, easy to get into and fun.  You also won't need to wait until Oct to do it.  

No, don't feel bad , its your entitlement, even your job to become independent. Your mother is mourning the passing of your childhood, as is common. She'll get over it, and must. Bon Voyage! (And do visit and keep in touch!)