Anonymous

What classes should I take to graduate a year early?

Include AP classes if you can :)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

This will normally require a specific number of semesters of math, English, science, and social examinations, just as some conceivable different necessities, for example, an exercise center or expressive arts class. Make a rundown of the multitude of required classes you haven't taken at this point.

• 1 month ago

The best answer to that would be to talk to your high school counselor to 'map' out your high school classes as well as the requirements to graduate early.

I graduated high school a semester earlier and while I did take AP US History, the AP class wasn't a requirement to graduate high school.

• Squid
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You should take the exact same classes.  The graduation requirements are the same regardless of how long it takes you to earn the credits.  AP classes do not affect your graduation.  If your plan is to graduate early, you should avoid all AP classes, they take to much time.  Take the lowest level remedial classes they offer.  Take summer school to get far enough ahead to graduate early.

• 1 month ago

That's a conversation to have with your counselor. To graduate early, you simply have to meet your state's or school district's requirements in terms of credits earn and specific courses that might be required (like four years of English or three years or lab science). Your school counselor can tell you what those requirements are. You can probably also find them on line.

No AP classes are ever required for early gradation and AP classes don't earn any more credits than non-AP classes.  You will have to take the maximum number of classes each term and or take classes during the summer to earn credits faster.  

Also note that some states have other graduation requirements such as standardized tests, minimum GPA, and or service hours.

https://www.ecs.org/high-school-graduation-require...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You want to graduate high school early you need to plan early. Starting freshman year.

Read what classes are mandatory to take and who many credits are needed to graduate. Then plan it out.

No high school requires a student to take an AP class.

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I assume you want to graduate from high school early?  If so, that depends on the graduation requirements of your district.  Each school district has a number of credits/courses that must be passed, as well as a certain number of courses that must be passed in each subject area.  For example, in my district you have to have 4 English classes, 4 social studies classes, 3 math classes, 3 science classes, 1 PE class, 1 health class, and 1 fine arts class; you must also pass a total of 28 classes.  It also depends on how your semesters are structured.  My district's high schools use a block schedule, so they have one set of classes the first semester and another set the second.  That DOES allow some students to graduate early, as long as they get those 4th English and social studies credits completed in the first semester.

AP classes don't help you graduate from high school earlier.  But if you take enough of them (and pass their tests), you can earn college credits that might allow you to finish college earlier. 

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

AP Calculus, AP Statistics, AP English, AP History.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.