Is this “TERF” thinking?

I was recently called a “TERF” (using quotations because I am unfamiliar with the term) because I said that I think that transgendered women who have not yet transitioned are less likely to endure some struggles biological women experience (cat-calling, sexual assault, walking at night).  I do believe that they have it very tough, and I am not going to diminish their problems, but these issues do not cancel out the male privilege that they have.  The issues they face and the issues biological girls face are just different things.  Is this TERF thinking? I’d like to hear some other opinions, because I am not familiar with this concept

Hey!  Thank you for the feedback and input- it was great to hear from different points of view about the issue.

The reason they call you names is because they can't defend their arguments with evidence or logic. Stop being afraid of saying true things.

Terf stands for trans exclusionary radical feminist. 

Based off what you said I don't think you are a terf. Its true that people that appear male they will be treated differently than people that appear female. It doesn't make a trans woman any less a woman and I don't think saying this excludes trans women. They should be protected and given the same rights as cis women. I just don't see how saying "trans women that have not transitioned are less likely to be cat-called" is saying "trans women are not women". All women have different experiences and that includes trans women. 

• ?

Trans women literally get killed for being trans women. Regardless of if they are passing or not they are still women. Maybe they don’t have the exact same experience as a cis women. But they still get harassed and hurt and discriminated against. If your feminism does not include trans women because you do not feel that are women enough or a real women, then yes you are a terf. Or in other words a transphobic feminist.