How long does it take to get your license at 18 in California ?

What’s the process of getting your license and how long does it usually take if you stay on track with everything. I never had a permit when I was a minor so it’s just me wanting my license.

• Ron
    Favorite Answer

If you are 18, you take the test get a permit then schedule a driving test and pass it. Done.

Some things are far too complicated for you to understand.  Actually it's a lot of things.  And I mean you specifically.

First, you need a permit.  Then, you have to practice for a year - every chance you get - WITH a licensed driver in the passenger seat.  After a year and you feel comfortable driving, then you can sit the exam and take the road test.  When you pass, they will issue you a license.  The best way to start would be to take a driver's ed course.  That way, you will get a discount on the insurance.