SHOULD POLITICIANS REDUCE CORPORATE TAX RATE TO ZERO PERCENT?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • James
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I am on the fence about zero corporate tax rate. Perhaps if we eliminate the loopholes by “withholding” taxes from payoffs to shareholders and capital gains, etc.

• 1 month ago

That may be a little extreme, but Herman Cain was on to something with his 999 plan.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.

Why?

Corporations benefit from the public infrastructure (road, utility, governmental and judiciary system) and should contribute to its maintenance.

• 1 month ago

Why?  Profiteering wealthy corporations rely on taxpayer-funded highways, airwaves, roadways, sidewalks, police or fire protections, and all sorts of enriching taxpayer-provided perks for their CEOs and Board members with multi-million-dollar salaries.  Paying a FAIR-SHARE revenues-producing, infrastructure-repairing tax rate like the moderate 39% in budget-balancing Bill Clinton's presidency seems not only wise, but the RESPONSIBLE thing to do.  Even the sane bills-paying 37% rate for the nation's richest 1.5% during the Obama/Biden administration, approved by the 111th "most productive Congress since Eisenhower" (C-SPAN News rating) run by fiscally wise Democrats was useful in paying down the massive GOP-caused debt and deficit.  

The answer is, of course, no.  I really like the proposal by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) to add a two-cents tax on every dollar above the first million for the wealthiest elites.  It doesn't sound like much, but this 2 cents on each above-one-million dollar would produce so much revenue that we could ultimately do as Bill Clinton did ("The Clinton Presidency: Key Accomplishments") and prosper greatly while paying down both debt and deficit.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, objects shouldn't be taxed, only people.

• 1 month ago

Considering we have a deficit of $3 Trillion and a debt over $25 Trillion....that would be a really STUPID thing to do.

• 1 month ago

Since they all just get passed on to consumers anyways, I'll say yes.

• 1 month ago

No.                  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.