Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Eye color prediction ?

so if i have hazel but the rest of my family has blue and she has brown and the rest of her family has brown what would be my babies eye color

??**

If your recessive color eyes is blue, it could be possible. Brown is more likely.

If you both have a recessive blue gene, blue is possible, but brown is more likely.

My husband and I both have brown eyes and both have a recessive blue gene, and have a daughter with blue eyes.

This is a dominant genes I believe turning on, and I think it depends on what I believe is called the gamet square; which represents the likelihood of being affected by the dominant gene if it is even present in you.

The dominant gene over-rides the recessive one.

But it is even more complex than this, as eye color can change as you age.

Also you are not very clear who....  she, he and her is referring to etc.

• edward

Likely brown.  You can always make a chart to give you a probability.  Or designer baby

The highest chance goes to brown.  Blue is recessive and brown is dominant.

Hazel and blue are both possible.

In my family, I have one parent with brown and one parent with blue.  Of four children - two of us have brown and two of us have blue.

In my husband's family - everyone has blue eyes.  I have blue eyes.  We have two daughters and both of them ended up with hazel eyes.  

So, you can make assumptions based on dominant traits and number of people with a certain eye color in the family - but until the baby is born - it is just guessing.

BTW - their actual eye color doesn't fully develop until around the age of two years old.  Until that point, the pigment that makes up the eye color hasn't completely developed and filled in the colors.  Blue is a very common color for a newborn baby's eyes and it can shift to hazel or even brown as the color develops.  

One of the above definitely 

• Jill

My crystal ball says brown.  

you'll find out after the baby is born

So baby is Bbbb or bbBb  ( like mostly blue but if she had kid it could have brown eyes  or she has completely brown eyes but some speck of blue  ) it's confusing because blue is always lower case lol sorry for any mistakes !!! or AaBb ( light tan brown ) just looked at the charts sorry .but basically it's some form of brown hazel but since your family have blue it could be light brown gray hazel . There is also a chance the baby has very dark green eyes too GbBb yes but that because not tell your grandparents info etc  olive green would be also possible so that BBgg  haha ( that if olive green hazel color ) apologies like I said I used to like these things a lot growing up just have to think different way . Hmm okay best wishes . She is so lucky person to have you . Etc 

I don`t believe it can be predicted