Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

What is your main goal in life?

• Louie

I like to try to respect other people's opinion, so we can have fruitful discussions. Learn new things that make my life easier & comfortable. Be kind to the younger generation & try to teach them what is important in life that I have learned myself. Most of all Love & share love with everyone in my life. Tough to achieve but doable. smo.

My main goal in life is to live a satisfied and happy life.

To enjoy the gift of life that God has given me, and to help a few people out along the way...the older you get, the more you realize it goes way too fast.

To be respected and useful.  The means by which I am achieving that goal is to be the most informed person in the room, which has served me well in becoming a professor and consultant.  As an incidental, doing so has earned me a respectable amount of wealth and a fantastic lifestyle as my thirties are coming to an end.  

My students asked me what fictional character I want to be like, and I answered Tyrion Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones, except that I don't drink and am 3 feet taller.  I want to be the smartest, most educated person in the room, give good advice, and have the ear of the people in charge without taking on the responsibility of being in charge because it never ends well for those people (even though he would clearly have been the best king). 

to be completely alone at peace.

• OTTO

To make it through the day with no drama and no trauma.

My main goal in life is living as long as possible.

I'm retired.

I'm older and about to retire. my goal in life at this point is to provide a sanctuary for challenged children and their parents. A place where they can find a moment of peace-an hour, a day...a weekend. At no charge.

I know what having childhood & innocence torn away by trauma & tragic events is like and my wife does too. I was blessed as a child by parents who overcame their own travail to give me a chance at a happy life. I have to pay them back, and providing a moment of peace to children who need it may give them a vision of hope is my way of trying.

That's my goal.

Since I've retired it's been BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT...REPEAT.  ; ' )

Go to college. What is yours?