Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why do people excuse racism in the past as product of the time?

Update:

weird how people say there's nothing you can do about it...this excuse is usually used to get OUT of doing something about it (i.e. Disney re-airing their old racist movies)

Update 2:

Also, what context is there?

62 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

if you have racism in your life your heartless worm

and your a waste of human air in this world you will go to hell , if disney do show them they will be sued thats for sure

• 4 weeks ago

Why do people that grew up in all white communities in the North pass judgement against Southerners?

• 4 weeks ago

What do you think you CAN do to change the racism of the past?  The present, of course, we CAN change.  

Are you aware that some things are considered acceptable now that used to be considered rude?  I see people wearing baseball caps in restaurants.  Can you believe it?  What context could justify that?

Now, there are some things that are considered rude now [in some cases racist] that used to be perfectly acceptable to everybody.  There was a time when they were not considered derogatory.  There is a word that used to be considered the most polite, and is no not permitted on Y!A.  This is not because we are less racist now.  It is because of the euphemism treadmill.  

• 4 weeks ago

these are the ones who still believe in racism.  The Proud boys boogoloo boys Trumpism are all racist groups and white supremacist.  As we saw the last 4 years it is alive and well in America and has infiltrated your government your police force.  If you want to rise up rise up against injustice and demand justice and equality for all Americans, this was Mr King's dream let be yours as well.

Blah Blah you are wrong Jesus said he came to save all man not just the Jews this was his reprimand to his disciples, He was the great teacher its too bad people only hear what they want to hear and only see what they want to see, instead of listening with an open and loving heart.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • KTJoe
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Ignorance ran rampied prior to 1970, poor, uneducated folks all over the country basically doing whatever. Nowadays racism just isn't a hot button there are laws preventing many social ills. People want that media hot button to go away, look at other issues plaguing society such as adult illiteracy, adults with emotional issues; needing a place to live, jobs and other services.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

One can correct present day racism, but the past is unchangeable.

• 4 weeks ago

I wish I could snap my fingers and everyone would be nice and kind to each other, but they won't.  Christ tells us to love our brother and God doesn't classify race or difference in people.

• 1 month ago

Donald Trump's father, Fred, was arrested at a Klan rally in Queens, NY in 1927. Racism is passed from generation to generation.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Only bad if the right does it. If the DemoKKKrats do it it's fine

• 1 month ago

because nothing shouts "empty sanctimony"  louder than passing judgment on others based solely on your feelings in the moment....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.