Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Who believes that Tom Brady is overrated?

Unitas, Marino, Elway, Kosar, Tarkenton, Simms, Bradshaw,  Sipe, Kelly, Staubach, White, Aiken, Meredith, Haden, Harris, Ferragamo, Namath, Stabler, Pastorini, Plunkett, Wilson, Moon, Reich were all better. 

Being a great QB has nothing to do with Super Bowl rings. 

Unitas, Tarkenton, Staubach, White, Meredith called their own plays. 

Montana was overrated. Steve Young was better. 

Elway is a Legend. 

You have Frank Reich but not Peyton Manning or Joe Montana? Reich has been more successful as a coach than QB, and that doesn't necessarily mean he is among the best coaches in the league.

Wheres the rateing system that your looking at? who is doing the rateing?Is it based on 1 year or a career or just  when the players were in their primes?I do want to see this list and what they used to judge these players careers. 

He did not play well against the Packers the rest of the team did they won it sorta like Elway was carried at the end of his career so yes he is overrated .

Tom Brady isn't top 5. 

His stats really aren't that great especially if you adjust for era. Even in in his own era he's statistically not on the same level as guys like Brees and Rodgers and way behind Mahomes. 

People talk about the rings but forget football is a team sport. It's hard to make that argument when Brady's QB rating drops from 97.3 in the regular season to 89.9 in the playoffs. The Patriots won those 6 rings in spite of him more than because of him. 

Scottie Pippen has 6 rings too. Does that automatically make him as good as Jordan? No. By that logic, Robert Horry would be among the greatest basketball players of all time with 7 rings. Brady is more of a Scottie Pippen than a Michael Jordan. 

Tom Brady has been named the best quarterback ever by numerous individuals. Most accept that he is in any event in the main five in NFL history.

I’m not into football but I really never really liked the guy after Deflategate, etc. and especially when I found out he was a trumpist

Brady uses steroids, spies on his opponents  and deflates the footballs, and only has the rings he has because of his kicker and a bad play call from Seattle

I don't think all the QBs you mentioned have 10 Super Bowls among them.  Also, you left Montana off your list. I don't think you know much about football. Ferragamo, White, Wilson Pastorini???  Reich??? Is that the 3rd Reich?

Also, Tom Brady has never eaten a strawberry.

I'm torn on the topic.  I think early in his career, he was overrated.  He was a mediocre passer who had a tendency to be mediocre most of the game, put together one last drive to set up a clutch field goal and win a game that was mostly won by defense and specials.

But then Belichick finally gave him an actual WR deep threat in Randy Moss and he put up video game numbers and dominated the league.  Since then, Belichick continued to not give him much in deep threats.  Then he goes to TB this year, gets deep threats galore and his numbers spiked right back up.

I think you have to consider that he really does deserve his GOAT label.  His longevity and team success make him a mandatory part of the GOAT discussion, and the fact that he puts up top shelf passing numbers when given quality support tells you that his statistics are what they are because he adapts to the teams around him.

BTW, your list is a joke.  4 of the names on it should even be in the conversation.  And I'm being generous.

• Chuck

Just because you don’t like him doesn’t mean those guys were better and that he’s overrated. I’m a die hard Chicago Bears fan but I acknowledge he’s great. He’s more accomplished then any of them guys you just mentioned too.