Was I in the right for reporting and blocking this "employer"?

I put an ad on Gumtree saying I was looking for work. I got a reply from someone who lived on the other side of the city from me. He emailed me and said he worked in a factory and he can recommend me to his boss.

We talked for a day, and then he turned his conversation to hanging out for drinks and clubbing. He asked to see my Instagram feed, and I gave it to him, thinking he was using it to determine if I was a right fit for the job.

Then he said to me: "I like fat girls. What is your weight?"

Of course, that just totally upset me, not to mention frustrate and all the other horrible feelings. Then the guy just started rambling on about wanting to see a pic of me in a bikini. I reported him to Instagram then blocked him.

First, I don't like being called a fat girl, even if it has a positive/sexual quirk to it. This guy was obviously not an employer, but he was objectifying me and outright called me that and even asking my weight - and we all know it's highly impolite to ask people their weight, especially if you don't know them well.

• g
    Favorite Answer

Keyboard warriors do things like that, simply because they can. You were an available target and he fired at will. He didnt call you a fat girl, he asked if you were. The instant he turned conversation to anything other than professional you should have excused yourself, no reason to stick around for more.

You don't know this man or anything about him, and vice versa. Why allow his judgments of you to affect you?

Yes, and you learned. You're much more savvy now.

i think you did the right thing