Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 3 months ago

My computer keeps shutting off while playing a game online?

I downloaded Hitman 2 awhile back from the epic games store (when it was free). I am using ethernet to play online. I am on the level where Agent 47 is in some kind of Bazzar and has to take out two targets. Anyway, the game plays fine for awhile, I can play maybe 5 minutes or so, but then my computer suddenly turns off for no apparent reason. Everything is up to date as far as I can tell, and my computer doesn't feel hot to the touch. Any thoughts?

Update:

Hombre, no it is not. Battlefront 2 also does this. It gets to the loading screen and after maybe 2 or 3 minutes (max) the computer shuts down.

Update 2:

El Nerdo, I decided to place a small fan (about the size of a large fist) on top of the vent to blow air inside the desktop. That seems to have taken care of the problem. Maybe it was just overheating. I will have to see how to get that fixed.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Remove the panel and make sure your CPU cooler and GPU fans are working. I know you said it feels cool, but those two things overheating doesn't always make the case feel hot.

And, check the PSU too. I assume that's where you were touching to make sure, but still make sure the fan's spinning just to be safe. This still really sounds like a heat issue to me.

Source(s): You can also monitor temps with something like CPUID or other such software.
  • so then i take it from your detailed explanation, that this is only occuring with this game, or not?

• 3 months ago

I've had a virus that did that before, I would get your computer checked for malware. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.