Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

What proof and evidence do you have that atheism is accurate and correct?

What proof and evidence do you are that you are not a serial killer?

Should we treat you like a serial killer and lock you up, just in case?

Atheism is the default position until someone produces some proof or evidence of a deity.

Until that happens atheism is the sensible position.

Atheism is reality. Reality doesn't need defending because it's real.

Atheism is a lack of belief in 'god(s)', generally based on a glaring lack of evidence to support (or a compelling reason to infer) their existence.

It is not, in itself, a claim - and is only a rebuttal of a claim being made.

Thus, the responsibility for providing 'proof and evidence' (i.e. - the 'burden of proof') is still squarely on the shoulders of those who claim a 'god' (or 'gods') exist.

Some atheists will make the statement 'god does not exist', and in doing so they do make a claim, one that is unnecessary (as 'god(s)' have never been proven), and which puts them in the unenviable position of having to prove the non-existence of something.

I don't believe in God, and that makes me an atheist.  You doubt me?  Sorry, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

• Paul

There is no such thing as proof of non-existence, of anything. Proof requires evidence, and a non-existent entity cannot provide evidence of its non-existence.

• ?

what proof and evidence do u have that god exists??? I'll wait.......

Ah, the hourly shifting of the burden of proof by a theist.

Your claim that a god exists is presented without evidence, hence it may be dismissed without evidence.

Actually it is the other way around, Atheism proves itself absolutely foolish.

I don't see what could possibly constitute proof or evidence that not one of the vast array of gods proposed by people (let alone all the ones that haven't been proposed) is real. As for 'accurate', would you care to explain what you even mean by the word as applied to atheism. Atheism is not a thermometer, you know! I just don't believe in any god, because I have not seen sufficient evidence to support the existence of any of them.

i dont need any kid......