How can you make a new Black Panther film without recasting the Black Panther?

They're talking about an entirely CGI character just because Boseman died. Let's get real here.

That's still the same as recasting.

• Adam D

The Black Panther is not a single person, it is a title taken on by the leader of Wakanda.  The title passes hands whenever the king dies, or gets old and can no longer perform the duties of the protector of Wakanda.

I am very certain there will not be an entirely CG Black Panther.  

I put 5% odds that they resurrect Killmonger.

I put 5% odds that the bald chick from the first movie takes over.

I put 51% odds that Shuri is the new Black Panther.

I put 39% odds that it's someone completely new

They're not worried about that. They know a Black Panther sequel will make a profit of many millions of dollars no matter whose in it or how it's made.

Because the character Black Panther isn't necessarily T'Challa.  They're going to have someone else take on the mantle of the Black Panther, although they're not saying who.  In the comics, Shuri was the Black Panther.  She and M'Baku are both contenders, or they could introduce someone new.  

Maybe it'll be like that terrible batgirl tv show with dialogue like "This black panther costume never looked good until a woman put it on".

They said they’re not going to use CGI. They’re just going to start from scratch and have a new actor play the black panther. It could be Shuri taking on the mantle.

It could be a mystery movie about what happened to T’Challa.