Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

my dads kicking me out for being gay?

Im 17 and have no where to go. the cops dont take me serious because Im 18 in 6 months so they dnt care if he kicks me out. I am gonna be homeless and Im scared , even if I get a job at mcdonalds it wont be enough to buy an apartment and pay for everything else.

I ment to add 'what should I do?' at the end but it doesn't matter, I assumed my post implied that. 

Thanks, Steve. 

Favorite Answer

you could try talking to cps about it

Your dad can't kick you out until you're 18. I would contact whatever agency of your state government that has a final say in these situations. Once you're 18, he has every legal right to throw you out.

Sorry your dad acted this way.  But as I understand the law your dad can not kick you out for being gay, or even something bad like you are doing drugs, or abusing alcohol.  If he does not let you back in his home, until you are 18, he could go to jail.  Or have to pay for an

apartment

until you turn 18.  I can not understand you mom, grandparents are allowing this.  And have not stepped up and taken you in.  Do they know your dad kicked you out.  You have no choice but to look for help from any family member who is willing to help you. My prayers are with you.   

Well that's tough luck. You're the one who decided that you're a homosexual, and I have never yet one who's gay rather than miserable. 

• Audrey

Go to a homeless shelter till you can find something. You should have kept your "sexual preferences" to yourself till you could afford to live on your own.

• Orla C

Do you have other relatives you can go to? Would they be able and/or willing to help you out? 

If not, is there a teacher or other adult you know and trust who you could call for help? Or a friend's family? 

You might also find it helpful to contact a LGBTQ+ helpline in your area, or Rainbow Support Services. 

well you could call a lawyer i think your parents legally have to take care of you until 18

Seriously there are plenty of other gay people that would be very glad for you to be there live in boyfriend. Go to the gay area at your local college I'm sure somebody will take you in very quickly if you're good looking

Sucks to be you (no pun intended) did you have a question? You have no friends or more tolerant family?