Poll: Have you ever seen a hurricane?

Favorite Answer

Yes, I have been in several Hurricanes, unfortunately. They are very scary and damaging and losing power, is not at all fun, because you can lose power for days or weeks. They almost always happen when it is dark outside and you cannot see what is going on.

You can hear things crashing into other things, but cannot see the actual damage until daylight. You have to stock up on food, water, batteries, flashlights, sandbags, plywood to board up your homes, gas for your car, toilet paper, pet food, if you have pets, medications you and any family members take and that includes your pets, because they are family too and other supplies, so you can get by.

It is not fun when there are shortages and you don't have all that you need. Stores sell out very quickly. That is why you need to stock up and prepare and have everything before the Hurricane hits and you will need to be well prepared before for it hits and you don't run short of supplies.People panic and overbuy, not leaving enough for other people. You are lucky if you have never been in one. Don't take stupid chances. 

If are asked to evacuate, DO IT.  Do Not leave any of your pets behind. Take them with you. Don't risk your life or your pets lives, if you are in an Evacuation Zone.Some people have Generators but some people do not know how to use them correctly and they are expensive , so many people cannot afford them.

• ?

I lived in SE England in 1987 when we had a hurricane famously NOT predicted by weatherman Michael Fish.

I was lucky , I just lost my fence, many people had their houses badly damaged and thousands of trees were blown down.

I've been in several.   

So.. Floods could whoop your a$$ too...

No, there aren't hurricanes here where I live.

Yup. Sat on our family home porch during Hurricane Ivan when it rolled through Bama here when it did.

I just like bad weather like that for some reason.

yes to an extent...when hurricane hugo came through here we lost some trees and we got insurance money and I planted quite a few new trees.

I've been in a number of them, but there really isn't much to "see".  It's just like being in a bad rain storm with high winds.

I've only seen them on TV. I don't live anywhere near where hurricanes would develop.