How do Use 2 inputs on 1 mic input on my computer?

I play games with my friend on discord. He can see what games I play through the desktop streaming, but he wants to hear it too. I got a mic splitter on Amazon and plugged it into my mic input on my computer, but... it worked, but now he can't hear me. I got the mic input and connected it to my desk speakers audio output, then connected my mic to the mic splitter. The mic splitter works with my microphone, then I connect the audio out from my speaker to the splitter and my mic goes dead until I disconnect the audio out from my speaker. How do I fix this?

• i + i

Quick and easy solution is to have a 

mic in the room that picks up all sounds 

(the sounds from your speakers AND 

whatever sounds you are making). Your 

headphone mic won't do because it only 

detects what you say and will stifle other 

noises coming from the room. 

• Lv 7

microphone and speakers are 2 different things.

you NEED to know that a MIC INPUT is not just the opposite of a speaker OUTPUT.  by that i mean, you CANNOT connect a speaker output to a mic input. mic inputs expect microphone input, which is nothing like what your speaker sends. you would need an AUX INPUT to take in your SPEAKER OUTPUT.

it depends on what hardware/software you are using to stream as to how to fix your problem. you need to set it up properly to capture ALL the audio. the BEST way is to use a desktop, with a sound card. Sound Blaster cards have a "What You Hear" input option, meaning whatever sound comes from your computer is recorded, rather than JUST speakers or JUST microphone.

you need a premiuk sound system to capture premium sound...

• L

First problem: That's what an "audio mixer" (not "splitter") is designed to do. They cost more because the audio input level of the mic can be adjusted (in case one person has a louder voice than the other).

Second problem: You want to connect the audio from the computer streaming the game back into the computer. That creates an audio loop and causes feedback (that high-pitched squeal when you point a mic at a speaker). The computer audio path cuts this off by disabling the mics - so, no feedback.

Easy resolution: Use a different audio path. For example, connect with your friend using a phone (a voice call) for the audio between you and your friend. Play the game streaming on your computer and that audio will be carried over the phone.

You can't have 2 mic's working at the same time.The splitter is just for convenience.Soon as you turn both of them on it won't work.You can only turn on one at a time.