Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

What are the chances that Trump did secret, unannounced pardons for himself and his children?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

0.00%.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for the President to issue a pardon without the Department of Justice finding out, and you can BET President Biden would have been told, and held a live national press conference to announce any such pardons.

• Tom V
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I think the chance is very low. The legality of a self-pardon in general is up for debate. And the legality of a secret pardon of any sort is also up for debate. I think he did not pardon himself because he has pending litigation. If he pardoned himself, he could not easily take the 5th amendment at trial. You can't invoke protection against incriminating yourself if you are pardoned and cannot be incriminated.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Impossible. Any pardons would HAVE to be entered into the public record.

• 1 month ago

I guess that’s possible but with all the leaks that have come out against Trump I do not think the leaking democrats or never trumpets would let that go uncovered.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Slim to none.  Your "knowledge" of politics and the process by which people are pardoned (which is pubic record) is astounding.

• FitWit
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

All pardons can only take effect while in office. Any not executed by the swearing in of the next president are invalid.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

0 as in order to be official they have to follow the specific procedures set down which does not allow for "secret" pardons.

• 1 month ago

Zippo.            

• User
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If they're secret and unannounced

then

they have no weight...do they?

I mean

if you were in prison

and you were secretly pardoned

when could you expect to be released?

If a pardon is not a matter of public record

then it has no weight, no force of law

and no effect.

• 1 month ago

Zero chance....................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.