Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

If I keep eating fancy foods, would I eventually lose my taste for hotdogs, spam, and other treats?

Favorite Answer

I don't think so. I personally do not like super fancy foods, but I don't see a reason why liking them would cause you to stop liking simple and quick treats. Besides, filet mignon doesn't hold a candle to a good fried spamwich! I hope this helps!

Akib

• David

Spam and hotdogs are not treats.  Please pass the Grey Poupon.

No.              

Yes and No. If there is comfort and nostalgia in hot dogs and spam, then that will bring you pleasure. 

That said, if you start really becoming a pro at sausages, you may find a hot dog a bit plain and boring. Eventually, you can taste the difference between beef, lamb, and pork. Then understand the various uses of garlic, herbs, or spices. Then start becoming a pro at what cuts of meat are used, how much fat was used, how coarse the grind was in the sausage. Cased or uncased. Dried, cured, or fresh. 

While, you will still feel joy of a hot dog at a ballgame, or at a large event in a park. But, if you're used to good sausages, having hot dogs for dinner at home may not excite you as much as it once did. 

Not necessarily, You could still like both extremes.

Probably not. What's better than fried Spam that's browned and crispy and neon-orange Cheetos?

• ?

Nope, comfort food is always a welcome change. 

That depends on how well those "fancy foods" are prepared. Put caviar on raw onion and all you will taste will be onion.