Is it better to be cold and heartless to people who have wronged you or forgive them ?

Yep revenge and justice now it just bunch of *******

To forgive them, if only to keep them from having the power to make us unhappy.

Forgive them. Then, avoid them, even as you pray for them.

• Ivan

Forgiving people who have wronged you is done mainly for yourself. Forgiving them does not mean you have to continue with them as before they wronged you. You don't have to be friends.

• Snow

My husband gave me two great pieces of advice that I have followed ever since. He said “holding a grudge is like you drinking poison and expecting the person who angered you to die.” He also said “they are living rent free in your mind. Do you think they spend this much time thinking about you?”

I am now able to let things go easier than I could before. It’s so much better this way. And with practical advice from the Bible I am able to be more forgiving as well. 

• ?

Being cold and heartless probably won't hurt them much, but it will cause you continuous pain and suffering.

"Forgive them" and "Shake the dust off of your feet."

Would you jeopardize your salvation over one who is against the Word of GOD?

Today's Christians have (((THEIR))) love mixed up with "The love of God [that] is shed abroad in our hearts (((BY))) the Holy Ghost" (Romans 5:5) but without Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5;8) when we're "baptized into One Spirit" (I Corinthians 12:13) 

There is NO love of God dwelling within you (Romans 8:9) for Him to "shed His love abroad in our hearts" (Romans 5:5).

Herein lies the problem; you're still a "DEAD spirit" (Romans 5:12-14) without His "QUICKENING" you (I Corinthians 15:45) back to life (Ephesians 2:1) from your "DEAD spirit" when His (((POWER))) comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) when Holy Spirit baptized (Acts 1:5).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FIRST THINGS FIRST!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 

"And He said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the Kingdom of God come with (((POWER"))) (Mark 9:1) 

Who came with (((POWER))) [Acts 1:8] received after Holy Spirit baptism [Acts 1:5] on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:2-4).

That's why Jesus commanded us in Matthew 6:33

"But seek ye (((FIRST))) the Kingdom of God, and (((HIS))) righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Afterwards "We have the mind of Christ" (I Corinthians 2:16) 

Who "gives commandments through the Holy Ghost" (Acts 1:2) and

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me" (John 5:30).

We currently live under the New Covenant wherein "the Spirit of Christ dwells in us" (Romans 8:9) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5;8)

DOING EVERYTHING (Isaiah 45:7; Philippians 2:13)

"I will put My laws in your hearts and minds" (Jeremiah 31:33-34; Hebrews 8:10-12; 10:16-17)

"I will put My Spirit in you and (((CAUSE))) you to obey My commandments" (Ezekiel 36:27)!

"Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the LORD God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves [Born again John 3:5-7; from your DEAD spirits; Romans 5:12-14; I Corinthians 15:21-22; when Holy Spirit baptized; Acts 1:5;8], and bring you into the land of Israel. 

And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 

And shall put My Spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD" (Ezekiel 37:12-14).

Forgive but not forget.

Forgiving is good for you as you get rid of the negative feelings inside you 

But never forget what they did. 

It's always better to forgive. Remaining bitter hurts no one but yourself.

Do you know where you are going when you die? The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

Jesus has commanded us to FORGIVE.  Read Matthew 5:44 it tells us we must LOVE our enemies, BLESS those who CURSE us, DO GOOD TO those who HATE US, and PRAY FOR those who SPITEFULLY USE US AND PERSECUTE US.  These are Jesus' instructions, and HE LOVED AND FORGAVE US WHEN WE WERE STILL HIS ENEMIES.  That's why we MUST forgive and love our enemies and those who hurt us, or we cannot be forgiven (see Matthew 6:12)  We are under the NEW COVENANT of Christ's blood.  Well if we are supposed to do all that for our enemies - how much MORE those we really love, such as our spouse, parents, friends, relatives etc?

There's no contradiction because An eye for an eye was OLD TESTAMENT laws for the JEWS.  That old Covenant has waxed old and passed away. (Hebrews 8:13)

We must live under Christ's higher law of LOVE